Chicken Breasts roasted with Peppers & Courgettes
- Recipes using Wicklow Rapeseed Oil
- Hufflepuff Cakes
- Chicken Breasts roasted with Peppers & Courgettes
- Roasted Asparagus
- Roast Potatoes
- Grilled Lamb with Asparagus & Wild Garlic
- Smoked Salmon & Broccoli Salad
- Carrot & Cardamon Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Oriental Salad Dressing
- Honey & Rapeseed Dressing
- Monkfish in Parma Ham & Asparagus
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned (approx 500g)
- 2 red peppers, cut into quarters and deseeded (approx 350g)
- 2 large courgettes, sliced lengthways into thick slices (approx 230g)
- 3 sprigs of thyme plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbsp Wicklow Rapeseed Oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally into 2 thin breasts. Set aside.
- Place the red pepper, courgettes and 3 sprigs of thyme in a roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil and season well. Cook for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the chicken breasts to the tin, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken, drizzle with the remaining rapeseed oil and season well.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and there is no pink meat. To serve, layer the chicken pieces and roasted vegetables in a stack and garnish with thyme.
Roasting the chicken and vegetables together makes this an easy dish to prepare.
To serve layer the vegetables and chicken for a contemporary 'stacked' look. You can vary the vegetables according to the season but remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Combine vegetables that require equal cooking.
Instead of chicken, try using meaty fish fillets like salmon or cod.